Saturday 9 April 2011

Plannig a project

The correct way to plan a project goes as follows.
Select a piece you want to make.
Select a suitable fleece.
Weigh up the amount needed.
Prepare as necessary.
Spin the fleece.
Make your piece.
Unfortunately it rarely happens that way with me. Usually I will find a fleece I like and can't wait to spin some up. Then I have spun wool that I have to find a project for. Running out of yarn is common,if I'm lucky I will have more of the same fleece. Some times I have to substitute, It may work it may not. Either way I am spinning as I knit. Not an ideal situation.
This time I undid a jumper that never really worked. I hate to waste yarn so I always reuse where I can. This is a mohair shetland mix that I spun ages ago, it will make the borders for a pinafore top. The inserts had to be spun from scratch. Yes you've guessed it I have run out of wool. The story gets more complicated so I will carry on with it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment