Friday 18 May 2012

Knitted Bag

I knitted this bag from odds and ends that I had in my stash of hand spun wool. It came out better than I expected and I really love it.

I have lined it and added pockets inside as well as a zip for security as I will use this bag a lot and I want it to be practical.

The pattern is adapted from a jumper. Greys and browns are natural colours,pink is jacob dyed with madder, yellow is onion skins, the green is dyed with cow parsley with a copper modifyer and there is comercaily dyed silk.

The handle was made on weaving sticks and I did not like it  at first because it was to loose so I put it in the washing machine to felt it and it was much better.

1 comment:

  1. This bag turned out really well. I love the colours and feel sure we'll get to see it regularly!
    Bimbi x

    ReplyDelete